Completed in 1970, Nisbet and Brazell halls share a common entrance and are two of the four units of the South Residence Complex. The halls are wired for online computer access and are co-ed by suite (two rooms connected by one bathroom).
Every residence hall has a lobby, study lounge, computer lab and laundry facilities. The halls are staffed by student resident assistants and a postgraduate hall director.
Nisbet Hall is named in honor of Stephen S. Nisbet, an Alma alumnus who served on the Board of Trustees from 1944 until 1986.
Brazell Hall is named in honor of Reid Brazell, a member of the Board of Trustees from 1942 to 1986.