Now a co-ed residence hall, Mitchell Hall was the first campus residence to be constructed for men. Mitchell is wired for online computer access and features in-room cable television.
Every residence hall has a lobby, study lounge, computer lab and laundry facilities. The Hall is staffed by student resident assistants and a postgraduate hall director.
Constructed in 1959-60, Mitchell Hall was named in honor of James E. Mitchell, a member of Alma’s third graduating class in 1893 who returned to the campus four years later as a professor. He was a faculty member for 44 years.