The oldest building on campus, the Hood Building is home to the Advancement and Marketing and Communications offices as well as records of more than 12,000 living alumni40 percent of whom are donors to the College.
The Hood Building, originally constructed in 18991900 as a museum, was a gift in memory of Saginaw businessman Francis A. Hood by his widow and stepson, Frank. Over the years the building has served as an Army barracks as well as an office and classroom building. The Advancement and Marketing and Communications offices moved to Hood in 2004.
Adjacent to the front steps of the Hood Building is a park bench donated by 1956 alumnus Lee Posey. The plaque on the bench reads: “In September 1952, Lee Posey ’56 was wowed by Sally Souders ’56 on this very location. She became the love of his life and still is.”