Gelston Hall is a co-ed residence hall conveniently connected to the Tyler-Van Dusen Campus Center. The Hall is wired for online computer access and features in-room cable television.
Every residence hall has a lobby, study lounge, computer lab and laundry facilities. The Hall is staffed by student resident assistants and a postgraduate hall director.
Gelston Hall was named in honor of Mary C. Gelston, Alma’s first dean of women and a member of the faculty from the opening of the College in 1887 until 1906. Construction was completed in 1956 and was initially an all-female hall.