Completed in 1970, Carey and Bonbright halls share a common entrance and are two of the four units of the South Residence Complex. The halls are wired for online computer access and are co-ed by suite (two rooms connected by one bathroom.
Every residence hall has a lobby, study lounge, computer lab and laundry facilities. The halls are staffed by student resident assistants and a postgraduate hall director.
Carey Hall is named in honor of Walter F. Carey, a member of the Board of Trustees from 1952 to 1997.
Bonbright Hall is named for Carl W. Bonbright, who replaced his father on the Board of Trustees in the mid-1920s and served on the Board for 45 years.