Bahlke Field is home to the Alma College football and track and field teams. The current football surface, known as AstroPlay®, was installed in 2000, replacing the original artificial turf. The eight-lane track, constructed in 1985, was resurfaced in June 2007. Stadium seating holds 4.000.
The College’s football field is the only one in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association with artificial turf.
Bahlke Field is named after Mr. and Mrs. William A. Bahlke, who contributed about eight acres of land in December 1923 for a new athletic field. Mr. Bahlke was admitted to the bar and moved to Alma to begin his practice in 1886, the same year the College was founded. He was involved in local government and in the organization and operation of several businesses. His wife, Mary E., was a member of the Alma College Board of Trustees from 1920 to 1942.
For more information, visit the Athletic Facilities page.
Want to play for Alma?