Browse Majors & Minors
We are committed to your success. That’s why we created the Alma Commitment, a promise between Alma College and its students. We pledge to provide you with the experiences and structures that will enable you to be well prepared upon graduating.
What does it mean for you?
We will help you plan your courses at Alma to assure that you graduate on time. If you follow the path but don’t graduate on time, Alma will pay your tuition for an additional term.
Dream it, learn it, do it. An Alma Venture is a hands-on experience that takes the theory of the classroom into a practical setting. Your Alma Venture might be an internship, research fellowship, study abroad or one of many other options.
You will have a dedicated team of faculty and staff to offer practical advice on how to make the most of your Alma education and plan for a rewarding future. We’ll offer workshops to help you develop the skills you need to succeed and all-class conferences at crucial points in your academic career to keep you moving in the right direction.
It’s a commitment we’ll make together.
With each step of your journey through college, you will develop new skills to help you identify a path to your future goals. We think college is all about exploring. An Alma College experience will give you a chance to ask yourself “Who do I want to become?”
We won’t prescribe a formula for your success, but we will present you with open doors. Your role will be to monitor your progress toward your goals by checking in at certain points along the way, including:
- Participating in regular advising sessions
- Identifying one or more academic interest areas in your first year, in preparation for declaring a major (or majors) during your second year.
- Satisfactorily completing a specified number of credits each year
- Participating in a series of planning events and workshops that include—among many other topics—selecting a major, applying for internships, studying in a different country or preparing for interviews
- Staying in good academic standing with the college and meeting the requirements of your major