Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator
Position Summary: The Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator will conduct admissions-related research activities and is responsible for data analysis of admissions efforts. This position is responsible for co-administration of the Ellucian Colleague admissions module and web updates for the Alma College Admissions Office.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position reports to the Director of Admissions.
Essential Functions: The Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator has primary responsibility for:
- Co-administration (with Information Technology Services staff) of Ellucian Colleague admissions module for the Admissions Office
- Aiding in communication management efforts and development
- Leading, in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, the Admissions Office's research and analysis activities to improve recruitment practices through surveys, predictive modeling and continual analysis
- Collaborating with the Vice President for Enrollment and the Director of Admissions to determine enrollment data needs
- Developing and executing data requests from the data warehouse
- Regularly assessing the needs and activities of the Admissions Office
- Facilitating maintenance and analysis of data related to the Common Application
- Aiding in Admissions’ website maintenance and development in collaboration with the offices of Communication and Marketing and Information Technology Services
- Keeping pace with new technological opportunities and trends in recruitment
- Performing data entry when necessary
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, math, computer science, business, social science with a research component (psychology, sociology, etc.) or other discipline requiring coursework in quantitative analysis
- Experience with database management
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to create and lead new initiatives
- Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality, attend to detail and maintain accuracy
- Two or more years of experience in institutional research, information technology or systems administration
- Knowledge and/or experience working in enrollment at a higher education institution
- Knowledge and experience with Crystal Reports
- Experience using Colleague by Ellucian
- Experience with the Common Application
- Active research knowledge and background
- Knowledge of best practices in research
- Mostly desk work and occasional on-campus presentations
Desired Start Date: October 1, 2013
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current résumé, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Kelly Austin, Administrative Assistant, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, September 11th, 2013 at 12:35AM