Assistant Sports Information Director/Athletics Multimedia and Marketing Coordinator
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a full-time assistant sports information director/athletics multimedia and marketing coordinator.
Supervision Received: The assistant sports information director/athletics multimedia and marketing coordinator reports to the sports information director, director of marketing and director of college communications.
Sports Information Office duties include:
- Create all video and audio content for the Daktronics board(s), including game presentation scripts, headshots, graphics and advertising
- Coordinate and operate the video board at all athletic events in conjunction with the scorer’s table and game video personnel
- Be available to assist/manage at all tournaments
- Coordinate event setup and tear down
- Assist stat crew, demonstrating proficiency in a variety of sports
- Assist sports information director with updating athletics website
- Assist with scheduling of student workers for events
Multimedia/Marketing duties include:
- Collaborate with the digital media coordinator on photo and video projects
- Coordinate student photographers
- Manage the Alma College Athletics Twitter and YouTube accounts
- Produce highlight videos
- Provide Hogan Center video board support for and coordinate video board presentations at all non-athletics events, including convocation, commencement, speeches, concerts and fairs
- Facilitate the design and production of athletics print publications, including recruiting guides, programs and schedule cards
- Coordinate video streaming of athletics events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrated video shooting and editing skills
- Knowledge of Final Cut ProX Motion
- Experience with graphic design and software, including Photoshop, and InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of Daktronics software, including Show Control and other video board operation components
- Knowledge of HTML coding
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current résumé, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of four references to John Leister, Athletic Department, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, Michigan, 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, August 7th, 2013 at 4:42PM