Associate Vice President for Advancement
Alma College seeks an experienced fundraising professional to fill the new position of Associate Vice President for Advancement. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting directly to the Vice President for Advancement. The Associate Vice President will supervise clerical staff members to coordinate the efficient completion of projects and will have responsibility in the following areas:
- Volunteer Base: Manage and grow the college’s campaign volunteer base. It is important to ensure consistent communication to all levels of volunteers as well as contribute the organization needed for effective volunteer meetings and campaign events.
- Campaign Meetings and Events: Assist with planning and organizing campaign-related projects, meetings and events.
- Campaign Communication Plan: Create a campaign communication and marketing plan utilizing traditional media and social media that target multiple constituencies at a variety of levels.
- Stewardship Plan: Implement the existing stewardship plan that provides increased recognition of donors.
- Fundraising Portfolio: Work with a group of major donor prospects to cultivate giving.
- Oversee the scheduling and organization of the campaign cabinet meetings, including the management of cabinet communications and volunteer communications.
- Prepare periodic campaign reports and analyze data for use by the Vice President for Advancement, Campaign Chair and Campaign Cabinet for the purpose of monitoring progress and maintaining campaign momentum.
- Work with a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Design a communication plan, including campaign updates and other multi-media outreach.
- Generate materials for the campaign cabinet and campaign events and identify and provide the tools needed to allow the staff and volunteers to execute their roles in the campaign.
- Organize the successful implementation of the Stewardship Plan.
- Maintain responsibility for overseeing and keeping the campaign plan up-to-date while making sure all aspects of the campaign plan are implemented effectively.
- Work with President and Vice President for Advancement in developing and coordinating a schedule of top-level fundraising visits and events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Successful experience in donor development and fundraising
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Master’s degree
- Eight to ten years of fundraising experience
- Experience with marketing through traditional media as well as social media
- Communication and writing skills
- Special events experience
- Volunteer management
- Experience with database management
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit at a desk up to 8 hours a day.
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Extensive travel required.
- Travel independently in and out of state via car, airplane or train as necessary.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current résumé, and the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers for three professional references to: Melissa McQueen, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, Dec. 13, 2013.
Alma College is a selective, residential private liberal arts college emphasizing personalized education, social responsibility and extraordinary achievements. Devoted exclusively to the teaching and education of undergraduate students, Alma College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Alma is committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, June 21st, 2013 at 4:40PM