Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
Position Summary: This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position. The Associate Director will establish and build relationships with alumni, parents, community members, students and friends by maintaining regular communication via direct contact, electronic communication and publications.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position receives supervision from the Director of Alumni Engagement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Parent Engagement program targeted at the identification and cultivation of parents of current students and parents of alumni, and a comprehensive Young Alumni program to increase the engagement of new graduates.
- Serve as an advisor to the SPARK (Students Promoting Alumni Relations & Konnections) group and as a liaison to constituents in designated regions.
- Organize and implement details for programs and events both on and off campus that will enhance relationships with our constituents.
- Communicate details of events to the vice president and colleagues, while collaborating with other campus offices, including the Center for Student Opportunity and the Admissions Office.
- Manage the Parent Engagement and SPARK budgets to stay within their parameters, and hold meetings to organize SPARK to assist with campus events and joint student-alumni off-campus events.
- Assist in the implementation of Homecoming and Commencement and assigned affiliate professional and alumni groups.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in database management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Experience in planning and evaluating special events.
- Extensive travel required.
- Travel independently in and out of state via car, airplane or train as necessary.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit at a desk up to 8 hours a day.
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current résumé, and the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Melissa McQueen, Administrative Assistant, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Applications received by May 28, 2013, will be given priority, but applications will be accepted until May 31, 2013.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, May 10th, 2013 at 8:41AM