Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator
Position Summary: The Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator will conduct admissions-related research activities and is responsible for data analysis of admissions efforts. Additionally, this position is responsible for co-administration of the Ellucian Colleague system and web updates for the Alma College Admissions Office.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position reports to the Director of Admissions.
Essential Functions: The Enrollment Data Analyst and Systems Coordinator has primary responsibility in the following areas:
- Oversee administration of Ellucian Colleague for the Admissions Office.
- Aid in communication management efforts and development.
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, lead the Admissions Office in research and analysis activities to improve recruitment practices through surveys, predictive modeling and continual analysis.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment and Director of Admissions to determine enrollment data needs.
- Develop and execute data requests from the data warehouse.
- Regularly assesses the needs and activities of the Admissions Office.
- Facilitate maintenance and analysis of data related to the Common Application.
- Aid in Admissions portal and website maintenance and development, in collaboration with the offices of Communication and Marketing and Information Technology Services.
- Keep pace with new technological opportunities and trends in recruitment.
- Perform data entry when necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, math, computer science, business, or social science with a research component (psychology, sociology, etc.), or other discipline requiring coursework in quantitative analysis.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Self-starter who has the ability to create and lead new initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality, attend to detail and maintain accuracy.
- Two or more years of experience in institutional research, information technology, or systems administration.
- Experience using Colleague by Ellucian.
- Experience with the Common Application.
- Active research knowledge and background.
- Knowledge of research-related best practices.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) programming.
The position is mostly desk work and occasional on-campus presentations.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current résumé, and the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Kelly Austin, Administrative Assistant, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2013, with a desired start date of July 1, 2013, or shortly thereafter.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, May 6th, 2013 at 3:44PM