Financial Aid Clerk III
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a 12-month, full-time financial aid support staff member for the position of Financial Aid Clerk. The Financial Aid Clerk will support the processing of major components of financial aid, such as federal loans, private loans and the federal work-study program. Duties will also include reconciling loan records and working with related offices to balance disbursements, maintain an understanding of current financial aid regulations, and assist students and families concerning financial aid.
Supervision Received: This position will report to the Director of Student Financial Assistance.
- Experience working in a financial aid or related service office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Commitment to working as a member of an office team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and related software.
- Strong math skills.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of financial aid guidelines.
- Experience with Datatel software.
- Experience working with Department of Education software.
- Manage multiple, complex financial aid software systems, including web-based applications, to ensure effective operations. Programs include Datatel/Colleague and utilizing Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Provide coverage of daily processing to assess and deliver aid to students.
- Process, originate, and disburse Federal Direct loans, reconcile loan records and work with the Business Office to balance loan disbursements.
- Responsible for processing Alternative loans.
- Manage the federal work-study program, including time slip processing and balancing the accounts on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for processing ISIR records and handling all missing information correspondence and award letter processing and mailing.
- Serve as a back-up for all incoming calls and for the front counter.
- Help students and parents with basic questions concerning financial aid.
- Maintain knowledge of current financial aid regulations.
- Assist the Business Office with billing and registration activities.
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St., Alma, Michigan, by 4 p.m. Friday, April 26, 2013.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Thu, April 18th, 2013 at 11:43AM