Information Technology Services-Advancement Programmer/Analyst
The Advancement Programmer/Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining college and departmental applications and databases.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
Reports to the Director for Enterprise Information Systems.
- Designs, creates and maintains new and existing administrative applications as appropriate to meet specific information requirements.
- Provides advanced administration, analysis, design and programming functions for enterprise information systems including Datatel Colleague and Microsoft SQL.
- Provides systems analysis, design, implementation planning and documentation for Datatel-related software.
- Provides programming support for design, coding, testing and installation of necessary enhancements to Datatel.
- Provides programming support for interfacing Datatel to other college academic and administrative systems.
- Provides direct support to user department personnel.
- Provides technical leadership and support to Advancement and ITS teams.
- Develops short-term and long-term project plans, priorities and objectives.
- Develops required materials, including technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates and presentation materials.
- Liaises with current and potential partners, community members and external partners.
- Provides information regarding computer systems usage to supervisory personnel.
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of a library of computer systems software and associated reference materials.
- Provides project management for enterprise and departmental software projects.
- Works collaboratively with ITS and other college staff for maintenance, problem resolution and implementation of information security hardware, software and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skill with current technologies.
- On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Director for Enterprise Information Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology or related discipline.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current enterprise applications in use at Alma College and available in the information technology (IT) industry.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in an enterprise IT support department.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff and students in a post-secondary environment.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Datatel Colleague components, especially Advancement, Crystal Reports, Microsoft operating systems and SQL.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Sitting at a desk approximately 6 hours per day.
Interested candidates should e-mail a letter of application and a current résumé to Alan Crowley, Director of Enterprise Information Systems, Alma College at ITAPASearch@alma.edu. Review of applications will begin April 24, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, April 15th, 2013 at 12:35PM