Part-Time Art & Design Office Associate
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a part-time Art & Design Office Associate who serves as a receptionist, secretary, bookkeeper, office manager and gallery docent. The person in this position assists with marketing and public relations involving prospective students for the Art & Design Department.
Supervision Received: This position reports to the Department Chair for Art & Design.
- Works with department chair and other faculty in compiling class schedules, yearly budget, reports, course materials, correspondence and notices.
- Maintains department budget and files (hard copies and digital).
- Answers telephone, relays messages, schedules appointments and events, handles mail, facilitates deliveries and returns of portfolios, orders office supplies.
- Assists faculty with processing of purchasing card monthly reports as well as other purchasing and receiving activities.
- Greets and assists students, prospective students, and other visitors.
- Works with gallery director to coordinate various gallery and permanent collection arrangements.
- Supervises students.
- Communicates with Facilities and Service Management as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with students, faculty and staff, and the public
- Computer experience with MS Word, Excel, File Maker Pro, Adobe Acrobat, MAC OS system and Datatel
This position requires the ability to sit at a desk and computer for various lengths of time, and to move around the departmental offices and art gallery.
To apply, please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St. by 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 22, 2013.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Sun, March 17th, 2013 at 9:30AM