Assistant Director of Student Financial Assistance
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking an experienced professional to assume the position of Assistant Director of Student Financial Assistance. This position will report to the Director of Student Financial Assistance. The Assistant Director will support the processing of major components of financial aid such as Federal/State grants, scholarships and loans. Duties will also include packaging, supervising student office staff, maintaining an understanding of current financial aid regulations and assisting students and families with financial aid concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in financial aid or related service office with a background in federal and state financial aid programs and requirements
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet and e-mail
- Knowledge of Financial Aid guidelines
- Experience with computer-supported financial system
- Experience working with Datatel and Department of Education applications (COD, NSLDS)
- Two years’ experience working in a Financial Aid Office
Interested candidates should submit a completed application, cover letter, current résumé, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to Michelle McNier, Director of Student Financial Assistance, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Interviews will be scheduled after Jan. 2, 2013.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, December 12th, 2012 at 8:39AM