Position Summary: The Licensed Electrician will provide general and specific electrical maintenance for the campus.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position reports to the Electrical Shop Supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains campus lighting and electrical systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoots electrical circuitry.
- Troubleshoots life safety systems, including fire alarms, smoke detectors, emergency lighting, etc.
- Works alongside IT department, providing assistance on sound systems, scoreboards and other communications equipment.
- Troubleshoots security systems such as card readers.
- Works closely with the department’s mechanical shop installing and troubleshooting controls.
- Expected to function productively and independently on projects around campus.
- Holds and maintains a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Holds and maintains a valid Michigan electrician’s license.
- Establishes and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with all members of the department and campus community.
- Plans work and orders material as required by supervisor or management.
- Stays up to date with current codes, regulations and practices.
- High school diploma
- Valid journeyman’s license in State of Michigan
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a licensed electrician
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with voltage in excess of 480 volt
- Experience in low voltage systems and equipment
- Certifications in safety programs
- Experience in building management software
Ability to work outdoors and to climb ladders, lift, sit at desk and move about all areas of campus.
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St., Alma, Michigan, by 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, 2012.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, September 28th, 2012 at 9:01AM