Custodian/Custodian Trainee (2nd and 3rd shift)
Position Title: Custodian/Custodian Trainee—2nd and 3rd Shift
Position Summary: Maintains College premises in clean and orderly condition. Performs routine building custodial tasks.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position reports to a Custodial Supervisor.
- Cleans dust and debris resulting from day’s activities. Rearranges or sets up rooms, tables and chairs per instructions. Notifies supervisor concerning the need for repairs.
- Sweeps, vacuums and washes interior of rooms, hallways and office areas. Keeps garbage containers empty of trash.
- Maintains and cleans restrooms; keeps restrooms supplied with paper products and soaps.
- Assists with building maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, etc., as assigned.
- May be on call for emergency or weather-related needs. Assists in snow removal activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write in the English language
- Previous custodial experience
- Ability to perform custodial duties and to work independently
- Ability to lift 35 pounds daily and 80 pounds occasionally
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St., Alma, Michigan, by 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, 2012.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, August 3rd, 2012 at 2:38PM