Assistant Athletic Trainer
Position Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer and Instructor of Athletic Training (Full Time, 12-month, administrative position)
Primary Responsibilities Include: Providing injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, appropriate medical referral, treatment and rehabilitation for student-athletes (male and female) within a NCAA Division III athletic department. Primary sports coverage will include, but not be limited to: Volleyball, Cross Country, Women’s Basketball and Men’s Lacrosse. Additional responsibilities include accurate maintenance of student-athlete medical records, ACI (approved clinical instructor) and direct supervision of the athletic training students in the CAATE Accredited Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP). Instruct one semester of First Aid and CPR, one Clinical Education course and other courses as necessary. Provide practice and game coverage, travel with athletic teams, and assist head athletic trainer with daily athletic training room operations. Must maintain correspondence and cooperation with team physicians, health care professionals, athletic training and athletic department staff. This position will report to the head athletic trainer, Athletic Director and Department Chair in the Integrative Physiology and Health Science (IPHS) Department and is expected to adhere to CAATE, NCAA and MIAA rules and regulations as well as the policies and procedures set forth by the Alma College ATEP and Athletic Department. Additional administrative duties may be assigned by the head athletic trainer, athletic director and/or department chair in the IPHS department.
- Master’s degree in athletic training or related field
- BOC certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current/eligible for Michigan licensure
- At least two years of experience within a collegiate athletic training department
- Experience in a residential campus environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Certification for instructor of Professional Rescuer
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Understanding of the Division III student-athlete philosophy
- Demonstrated understanding of the nature and goals of a liberal arts college
- Ability to work within an academic setting with a commitment to student development
Anticipated Starting Date: August 1, 2012
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Completed application packets will include:
- Letter of interest (cover letter)
- Résumé, including the names, titles and contact information for three professional references
- Three letters of professional reference
Completed applications should be sent to:
Phillip H. Andre, MS, AT, ATC, Director of Clinical Instruction
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, June 29th, 2012 at 11:34AM