Director of the Alan Stone Recreation Center
Alma College, a private liberal arts university of 1500 students located in the middle of Michigan, is seeking a highly motivated, student-centered individual for the position of Director of the Stone Recreation Center (SRC). The SRC Director is expected to provide leadership in the development, planning, administration, marketing, and supervision of a comprehensive recreational sport program, SRC personnel.
Reports to: Vice President of Student Life
Supervises: SRC Student Staff
Areas of responsibility: facilities management, informal & instructional recreation programs, climbing wall, outdoor recreation programs, the First-year bike program and intramural programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, and evaluates all student employees.
- Sets facility, informal & instructional recreation programs, climbing wall, and intramural schedule.
- Creates special events (e.g., wellness challenge, question of the week, wellness week, outdoor recreation trips, etc.) and coordinates with Student Life and other sectors.
- Creates outdoor recreation opportunities and programs for Alma College students.
- Integrates SRC programming with other student programming and retention initiatives as appropriate.
- Develops positive college and greater community relations and promotes college participation and community memberships.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for program areas.
- Coordinates with the Athletic Department, Conferences Office, and academic departments for facility usage time.
- Co-chair of the SRC Advisory Board (helps sets policies and procedures).
- Certifies staff in first aid and risk management procedures.
- Remains current and ensures compliance with all College rules and regulations.
- Maintains and purchases equipment as needed.
- Responsible for compilation of participation data.
- Creates promotional materials for facility, programs, training, community, and special events.
- Performs payroll duties.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Vice President of Student Life.
- Bachelors degree required or Masters degree preferred in a relevant discipline
- Experience in a recreational or higher education setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Officiating experience is desirable.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send a letter of application, resume and no less than three references with contact information to:
Ms. Anne Lambrecht
Director of the Counseling Health and Wellness Center
614 W. Superior Street
Alma, MI 48801-1599
Or e-mail materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. AlmaÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of MichiganÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, June 22nd, 2012 at 8:58AM