Financial Aid Clerk III
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a 12-month, full-time financial aid support staff member for the position of Financial Aid Clerk. The Financial Aid Clerk will support the processing of major components of financial aid, such as federal loans, private loans and the federal work-study program. Duties will also include reconciling loan records and working with related offices to balance disbursements, maintain an understanding of current financial aid regulations and assist students and families concerning financial aid.
Supervision Received: This position will report to the Director of Student Financial Assistance.
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Commitment to working as a member of an office team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and related software
- Strong math skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Financial Aid guidelines
- Experience with Datatel software
- Experience working with Department of Education software
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St., Alma, Michigan. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Friday, March 23, 2012.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, March 13th, 2012 at 3:21PM