Greek Advisor/Weekend Programming Coordinator
The Greek Advisor/Weekend Program Coordinator promotes growth and development of student organizations, with emphasis on academic achievement, leadership, service and personal wellness. At the same time, the Greek Advisor/Weekend Program Coordinator promotes the Greek system and Student Organizations as integral to the success of the College mission.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
The Greek Advisor/Weekend Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Campus Life and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life.
Greek Advisor Responsibilities
- Serve as the Intra-Fraternity Council and Pan-Hellenic Council Advisor and attend weekly meetings
- Work with the Student Conduct Coordinator to facilitate Greek Conduct
- Oversee Greek Escrow system and budgets
- Facilitate the use of an all-Greek programming budget
- Serve as a liaison between the Greek organizations and administration/faculty
- Help facilitate Greek recruitment efforts
- Update, maintain and provide the Greek Manual to the Greek community
- Provide yearly Greek Advisor/Greek Alumni Board training
- Evaluate and implement risk management protocols
- Conduct safety checks of Greek housing
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to provide risk management training for all of the small housing units
- Help implement the Alma College Greek Strategic Plan
- Work in conjunction with the Greek Leadership Team
- Meet weekly with House Managers and Presidents to ensure that chapters are successful and are following appropriate risk management guidelines
Weekend Program Coordinator
- Work closely with Student Congress and attend their weekly meetings
- Work with Student Congress to keep up-to-date contact and event information for all of Alma’s student organizations through utilization of Datatel
- Co-advise the Alma College Union Board and attend its weekly meetings
- Create and implement a weekend programming series
- Responsible for the oversight, implementation, and planning of ongoing weekend programs
- Maintain budget oversight for weekend programming
- Develop special programming at the discretion of the Vice President for Student Life or the Director of Campus Life
- Responsible for necessary procedures required to implement planned events, including but not limited to: maintenance of events calendar and college database, space reservations and requisitions, budget preparation and processing, publicity approval, collection of monies and ticket distribution
- Work closely with faculty, staff and student leaders in planning events
- Collaborate with Security, Dining Services, Public Relations, ITS and other College personnel for event implementation
- Represent the Student Life Office at various College events
- Represent the Student Life Office at the Mid-America NACA conference (National Association of College Activities)
- Other duties as assigned
- This position includes night and weekend hours. A typical work week would be Tuesday–Friday, noon–8 p.m., and Saturday 4 p.m.–midnight
- The Greek Advisor/Weekend Programming Coordinator is required to live in the Alma Community
Bachelor’s degree and two years of Student Activities, Greek Life or related experience required. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Send a letter of application and résumé with names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete application files will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Greek Advisor/Weekend Program Coordinator position has a start date of July 1, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, March 9th, 2012 at 9:48AM