Digital Media Coordinator
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a full-time Digital Media Coordinator. The individual in this position is an integral member of a creative marketing and communications team and is primarily responsible for coordination of the acquisition, production and quality oversight of college promotional videography, photography and selected audio recording to complement established departmental and College priorities. The position also monitors industry best practices in videography and photography and develops new initiatives to further advance the scope, quality and dissemination of College digital media projects. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Videography: Planning, shooting (field and studio), editing and post-production, cataloging and archiving of assets, motion graphics, compression, DVD authoring and duplication, and consulting for campus video creators. Delivers assigned projects by agreed-upon deadlines. Also assists as necessary with producing and directing Web streaming.
- Photography: Planning, shooting (field and studio), editing and post-production, cataloging and archiving of assets, time-lapses, preparing files, and ordering prints and frames for use in campus buildings and offices.
- Support College marketing and communications goals, strategies, publications and Web with digitized photography and video images.
- Monitor quality control for videography, photography and audio production.
- Oversee videography, photography and audio equipment needs and inventory. Adhere to purchasing policies in the acquisition of new equipment.
- Coordinate the College’s visibility on YouTube, iTunesU, Flickr and other online video, audio and photo sharing sites/mechanisms, assuring adherence to state and federal guidelines.
- Train and supervise digital media student workers.
- In collaboration with other members of the marketing and communications team, work with campus clients to implement visual and audio applications that promote Alma College in ways that successfully reach target audiences.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field and at least three years experience in broadcasting, photography or digital media arts.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of videography, photography and audio production, including equipment operation, planning, maintenance, editing and asset management.
- Advanced skills with digital media production software, including but not limited to: Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Soundtrack Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Digidesign (Avid) Pro-Tools.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects under deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, students and staff across all disciplines.
- Master of Fine Arts.
- Experience managing live multi-camera productions.
- Five years experience in management and production of digital media projects, with emphasis on advanced videography.
- High-level audio skills, including proper microphone selection and placement and multi-channel recording, mixing and mastering.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Mr. Mike Silverthorn, Director of College Communications, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St. Alma, MI 48801. Materials may be submitted electronically to: email@example.com. Please provide links to samples of your work. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, January 31st, 2012 at 9:54AM