Director of Financial Aid
Position Summary: Alma College is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to assume the Director of Financial Aid position. The Director serves as the chief Financial Aid Officer and assumes responsibility for the integrity of financial aid, ensuring that policies are updated regularly and that internal controls are in place. The Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Financial Aid unit. Specific responsibilities include: leading the Financial Aid team, managing all student financial aid programs, maintaining statistical data for federal, state and other financial aid appeals and special circumstances; developing and presenting financial aid workshops for current and prospective students.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- At least three years of progressive experience in a Financial Aid Office with at least one year in a senior financial aid management position.
- A thorough knowledge of financial aid in order to monitor and comply with state and federal regulations regarding student aid programs and direct budget development and packaging experience to meet enrollment and budget goals.
- Direct experience with Title IV financial aid programs funds management. Thorough knowledge of federal, State of Michigan and institutional financial aid program practices, laws and compliance regulations, as well as experience with completing the FISAP and other related federal reports.
- Knowledge of financial aid trends and the effective use of strategies to impact recruitment, enrollment and retention of students.
- Experience with Datatel and PowerFAIDS software is desirable.
- Strong financial management background, good technical skills and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students and parents, and a commitment to financial aid counseling, student access, service and diversity.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and managerial skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Must have a proficient command of the English language.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other departments including Admissions, Athletics, the Business Office and others is essential.
Review of nominations and applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until an appointment has been made. All submissions will be treated in confidence and should be sent electronically (MS Word format preferred) to: Dr. Karen Klumpp, Vice President for Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include a letter of interest, current résumé, and the names of five professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, January 9th, 2012 at 10:10AM