Wholesale Book Specialist--College Corner Bookstore
Position Summary: This position coordinates activities of the textbook department of the bookstore.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: This position reports to the Manager of the College Corner Bookstore.
- Gathers textbook information from instructors.
- Enters book orders.
- Maintains textbook and trade inventory and department.
- Processes inbound and outbound shipments.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior college bookstore experience.
- Experience using Nebraska Book Company’s PRISM system.
- Strong knowledge of the textbook department process.
- Available to work nights, weekends and during crucial peak business times.
- Detail oriented, organized, strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to move about the bookstore.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate ordering system and other computer equipment.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Donna Sinclair, Manager, College Corner Bookstore, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, October 17th, 2011 at 12:04PM