Part-time Technical/Financial Clerk
Position Summary: The Michigan Academy (MA), a nonprofit organization headquartered at Alma College, seeks candidates for the position of Part-Time Technical/Financial Clerk. The hours for this position are set at 20 hours per week, September–April and 8 hours per week, May–August (some afternoon hours required).
- Develops, maintains and solves problems for web-based conference registration and abstract submission systems.
- Creates webpages and maintains Academy website.
- Inputs and manipulates database information using software or web-based systems such as Google Docs, Excel and other web-based software/systems.
- Processes and records revenue from all sources (membership, fees, donations, etc.).
- Creates financial reports from web-based system, prepares cash receipts and deposits.
- Records entries in Excel spreadsheets and reconciles accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and sends invoices for individual memberships, institutional memberships and journal subscriptions.
- Records individual membership and subscription information.
- Answers questions regarding subscriptions; locates and mails journal issues or individual articles in response to requests from the public.
- Assists in preparing annual financial operating summary and projected budget; assists with annual financial audit.
- Assists in preparing marketing materials.
- Prepares presenter packets and assists with registration and logistics at the Academy conference and fall meeting.
- Creates academy databases, including members, subscribers and meeting registrants.
- Uses macros, merge/sort and other features of Microsoft Office programs to produce annual meeting programs and documentation for members and registrants.
- Operates office equipment including fax, photocopier, scanner, computers, etc.
- Assists in preparation of bulk mailings.
- Monitors and orders office supplies and services.
- Produces mailing labels and reports using online software systems and Excel.
- Works in close contact with other office staff. Maintains collegial relations and open lines of communication internally and with Academy Board of Directors, volunteers, members and conference participants.
- Other tasks and functions may also be assigned to this position as necessary.
- Computer skills, including webpage creation and maintenance.
- Training/experience or ability to learn to troubleshoot web-based software and event registration systems.
- Experience with general office accounting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn web-based software and registration/payment systems, database entry and manipulation, and financial reporting using Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Training/experience developing web-based event registration systems and websites.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and experience using computerized accounting systems.
- Training/experience with webpage design or updating.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Experience in an academic environment.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Work is primarily done in an office, sitting at a desk, using a computer and office equipment.
- Occasional travel in-state to conferences and meetings.
- Small, congenial office environment.
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple Ave., Alma, Michigan. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, September 28th, 2011 at 4:43PM