Position Summary: Provides clerical support for the vice president of advancement. Assists other advancement staff when needed. Makes teamwork a priority.
Supervision Received: Receives supervision from the vice president. Expected to work independently.
- Support the vice president
- Provide clerical support
- Prepare proposals
- Create invites and other printed materials as needed
- Coordinate materials for meetings
- Take minutes in administrative meetings and other meetings as requested
- Assist with events
- Office manager duties
- Order office supplies
- Schedule repairs, setups, etc with physical plant
- Liaison with the housekeeper
- Keep time off book and process time off requests
- Assist with department budget and process incoming bills
- Maintain department calendar
- Review Advancement web site to keep it up-to-date and accurate
- High school graduate
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in database management
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work weekends and evenings as needed
- Associate’s Degree
- Research and report building background
- Knowledgeable in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software
- Special events experience
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Sitting at a desk approximately eight hours a day
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple Ave., Alma, Michigan. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, September 20th, 2011 at 7:00AM