Financial Assistance/Registrar's Office Clerk II
Assist students, parents and faculty via the phone and in person with inquiries. Assist with filing, office mailings, processing forms, general correspondence and other tasks as needed.
- Serve as front line person: greet visitors and students and receive phone calls. Provide assistance and/or refer to the proper person. Answer questions, advise on procedures and provide general assistance in person and over the phone. Make appointments for staff as necessary. Open correspondence, post award letters, etc.
- Manage and maintain all forms. Be sure enough forms are in stock. Prepare form orders as necessary.
- Prepare enrollment verifications and guest applications as students request these items.
- Process address changes, major and minor declaration forms, drop/add forms, and assign advisors or make advisor changes.
- Process all transcript requests. Maintain the transcript log and answer questions current or former students may have about requesting transcripts.
- Enter data from head sheets (scholarships, loans, etc., into Datatel) as staff complete the financial aid packages.
- Coordinate and process federal work study requests. Mail work study request forms to departments. Assist departments with student eligibility questions. Upon receiving official request forms, process and print contracts, time sheets and job descriptions. Maintain a database of job descriptions. Maintain ledger with hours worked and wages paid when time sheets are received back from payroll and balance with the payroll office after each pay period.
- Receive Alma College Long Term Loan applications. Review and post information into Datatel. Print promissory notes and all required disclosure information. Work with students and families when paperwork is incomplete.
- Conduct Direct Loan entrance and exit interviews as needed. Schedule exit meeting for seniors and non-returning students.
- Research which student(s) are appropriate for assigned endowed scholarships. Update information for Advancement Office and Datatel.
- Distribute new scholarship information from various sources to appropriate students and faculty. Keep scholarship notebook up to date.
As assigned by the Financial Assistance Office or the Registrar.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Must have the ability to understand/learn a variety of software.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Aid guidelines
- Knowledge of Datatel software, Department of Education software and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access
- Quick learner and willing to make changes
Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for approximately eight (8) hours per day and to move about the entire office to obtain the necessary forms and interact with other office personnel as needed.
Please fax a letter of application and a current résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, 320 Maple St., Alma, MI 48801. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, September 2nd, 2011 at 12:00AM