Alumni Office Associate II
Position Summary: Provides clerical support for the Director of Alumni Engagement. Assists other advancement office staff when needed. Makes teamwork a priority.
Supervision Received: Receives supervision from the Director of Alumni Engagement. Expected to work independently. Supervises student assistants.
- Receptionist—Coordinate daily functions pertaining to daily operation
- Database—Identify specific populations, prepare mailings, update individual records and add alumni information
- Manage Smith Alumni House guest registration and billing.
- Contact each department and Greek organization regarding its Homecoming reception
- Review list of supplies and order necessary items
- Prepare mailings for 50th and 25th year reunion classes
- Prepare name tags, certificates, presidential invitations
- Support ALA with its duties, e.g., parade, etc
- Prepare assignment sheet for Homecoming workers
- Prepare documents for registration, guest books, campus maps and all tickets
- Handle directional signs, assist with work orders and duties as requested by the alumni director
- Other tasks that develop
- Create tickets
- Mail informational letters to parents and graduates
- Assign volunteers to tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in database management
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work weekends and evenings as needed
- Associate’s Degree
- Report building background
- Knowledgeable in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and/or Datatel software
- Special events experience
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Sitting at a desk approximately eight hours a day
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple Ave., Alma, Michigan. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, August 22nd, 2011 at 1:30PM