Responsible for developing and maintaining web applications and supporting administrative database systems.
- Designs, creates and maintains new and existing web software applications as appropriate to meet specific information requirements.
- Maintains and develops new and existing PHP/MySQL web applications.
- Maintains and develops new and existing web parts in the Alma College portal.
- Maintains and supports the integration between the administrative system and the portal, specifically WebAdvisor.
- Assists in support and maintenance of various web and database servers.
- Maintains and develops new and existing reports for administrative data.
- Works closely with the applications team to maintain administrative systems, especially in the application areas related to Admissions and Financial Assistance.
- Develops required materials, including technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates and presentation materials.
- Provides project management for enterprise and departmental software projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related discipline
- Demonstrable ability to develop database-driven web applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of current enterprise applications available in the IT industry
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in an enterprise computer services support department
- Good organizational skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Experience in a higher education environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a current résumé to Larry Elliott, Assistant Director, EIS, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, July 20th, 2011 at 8:52AM