Career Planning Coordinator
Coordinates with other academic units to assist students with career and graduate school planning. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
This position reports to the Director of Academic and Career Planning.
- Guides students in career exploration, assessment and planning.
- Provides assistance to students to integrate academic experiences (including choice of majors and programs) into long-term planning and career selection.
- Collaborates with Director to develop and implement an assessment plan.
- Coordinates annual placement survey and manages on-going data collection.
- Utilizes social media to connect with students, alumni and employers.
- Enhances Career Consultant LinkedIn Network of alumni, parents and community.
- Assists with developing and managing a student help center.
- Implements and oversees peer career program to provide expanded services.
- Develops and implements career events and workshops.
- Guides students in identifying internship, graduate school and employment opportunities.
- Assists students with developing résumés, portfolios and professional statements and completing the application process.
- Works effectively with both the academic community and prospective employers.
- Develops practicum, internship, employment and graduate/professional school opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains a database of prospective employers and career opportunities.
- Implements communication strategies to notify students of opportunities.
- Exposes students to career opportunities through job fairs and on-campus interviews with prospective employers and graduate school representatives.
- Coordinates with Alumni Office to track graduates.
- Meets with alumni to establish a strong networking base and generate internship, graduate school and career opportunities.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge and ability to utilize social media
- Strong computer skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Master’s degree in counseling, communication or related field
- Experience in a higher education setting or working with college students
- Experience working in career services
- Ability to use a computer up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to make presentations and travel.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three professional references electronically to Ms. Ginna Holmes, Director of Academic & Career Planning, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on July 27, 2011, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, July 19th, 2011 at 12:41PM