Responsible for all management functions at the College’s bookstore.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
This position reports to the Vice President for Business Affairs and supervises the bookstore staff.
Managing all operations of the College’s bookstore, including but not limited to:
- Managing a profitable, cost-effective operation with affordable pricing
- Hiring, training and supervising the bookstore staff
- Establishing, documenting and communicating policies and procedures
- Operating and maintaining a retail ordering system
- Ordering textbooks and other course materials
- Purchasing and marketing of other merchandise sold at the bookstore
- Administering process for returns and/or buyback
- Maintaining records for ordering, sales, inventory control, invoicing, etc.
- Promoting the College bookstore operation through marketing efforts and positive interaction with students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, vendors and others
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in managing a bookstore
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to move about the bookstore, lift boxes of various weights, operate ordering system and other computer equipment.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three professional references to Mr. Ken Borgman, Director of Human Resources, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801 or fax (989) 463-7787 by Thursday, July 14, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Thu, July 7th, 2011 at 11:30AM