Business Office Specialist
Handles accounting for retail operations, serves as backup for essential College business activity, and handles various Business Office duties.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Assist with accounting for operation of the College Corner bookstore, retail shop, and food and beverage establishment.
- Serve as back-up for multiple Business Affairs Sector functions (payroll, human resource, accounts payable, purchasing, cashier, student accounts and other functions as needed).
- Coordinate documentation of all Business Office procedures, including desk top manuals, Manual of Organization and Operation, and consolidated Business Affairs Sector procedures manual.
- Assist with receiving function for goods and materials purchased.
- Assist with College risk management program.
- Coordinate review and compilation of vendor insurance certificates.
- Assist with student employment matters.
- Assist with fiscal year end/audit duties.
- Assist with compilation of data and completion of numerous surveys.
- Perform internal audits as necessary.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Coordinate fixed asset and other physical inventories.
- Assist with Student Support Center customer support.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or other business degree with an accounting emphasis.
- Effective communicator/good people skills.
- Excellent technology skills
- Work experience in a business office setting
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for approximately eight hours per day.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three professional references to Mr. Dan Henris, Controller/Director of Business Services, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801 by Friday, July 22, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, July 6th, 2011 at 4:49PM