Project Manager - Infrastructure (Deadline Extended)
Project Manager—Infrastructure (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Responsible for planning and implementation of IT infrastructure projects through the application of project management methodology, technical knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Leads and coordinates information technology IT project teams.
- Provides requirements analysis and communication.
- Negotiates with outside organizations who will be partners or customers to reach contractual agreement on scope, schedule, deliverables, intellectual property considerations and financial compensation.
- Develops required materials, including technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates and presentation materials.
- Liaises with current and potential project partners, community members and external partners.
- Risk assessment and reporting.
- Develops short-term and long-term project plans, priorities and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in IT.
- One (1) year of professional experience in a supervisory capacity in IT services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking, server and workstation technologies in use at Alma College and available in the information processing industry.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in an enterprise IT services department.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff and students in a post-secondary environment
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Other relevant knowledge and experience, including project management, quality management, vendor training and certifications, (Apple, Dell, HP, Microsoft), industry standards (e.g., ANSI, BICSI, ITIL).
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three (3) letters of reference to Dr. Keith Nelson, Chief Technology Officer, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801 or by e-mail to email@example.com by Tuesday, July 12, 2011. Deadline extended.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, June 20th, 2011 at 1:54PM