Network Manager (Deadline Extended)
Network Manager DEADLINE EXTENDED
Responsible for the overall performance, availability, and security of the organization’s IT network infrastructure, including network, software, operating systems.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Provides advanced network administration, analysis, design and programming functions for all data network systems to ensure an appropriate level of service and support for the academic and administrative user communities.
- Provides advanced software programming functions for all data network systems.
- Develops short-term and long-term project plans, priorities and objectives.
- Develops required materials, including technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates, and presentation materials.
- Liaises with current and potential partners, community members and external partners.
- Provides information regarding systems usage to administrative and academic supervisory personnel.
- Provides project management for enterprise and departmental software projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications with emphasis on Data Communications.
- Four (4) years of experience with digital communications or network systems.
- Eight (8) years of experience with digital communications or network systems.
- Demonstrable ability to support digital communications or network systems, including working knowledge of network hardware and software, network management software, network connecting media, network services, ISDN, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and Network Protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of network hardware and software systems from Hewlett Packard and SonicWall.
- Other relevant knowledge and experience, including project management, quality management, vendor training and certifications, (Apple, Dell, HP, Microsoft), industry standards (e.g., ANSI, BICSI).
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three (3) letters of reference to Dr. Keith Nelson, Chief Technology Officer, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St. Alma, MI 48801 or by e-mail to email@example.com by Tuesday, July 12, 2011. Deadline extended.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Mon, June 20th, 2011 at 2:26PM