Major/Planned Gifts Office Associate
Serves as receptionist for the advancement sector. Provides clerical support for the director of planned giving and assist other advancement office personnel as needed. Makes teamwork a priority.
Receives supervision from the director of planned giving. Expected to work independently.
- Serves as office receptionist.
- Provides clerical support.
- Oversees department file upkeep.
- Produces correspondence letters for major gifts and memorial receipts.
- Maintains database of obituaries. Sends sympathy letters and flowers.
- Provides clerical support for the heritage society, expectancy records, reports and correspondence.
- Provides clerical support for scholarship maintenance. Oversees recipient assignment and coordination with the financial aid office. Coordinates student scholarship thank-you note writing and the scholarship donor luncheon.
- Assists with database cleanup as needed.
- Assist with events as needed.
- High school graduate
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in database management
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work weekends and evenings as needed
- Associate’s Degree
- Report building background
- Knowledgeable in Datatel Software
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Sitting at a desk approximately eight hours a day
Please fax a letter of application and current résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple Street, Alma, Michigan, by 4 p.m. Thursday, May 26, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Thu, May 19th, 2011 at 7:00AM