Curriculum Associate--Registrar's Office
Position Title: Curriculum Associate—Registrar’s Office
Support staff position in the Registrar’s Office, responsible for compilation, data input, and report writing for the academic curriculum. This position will also facilitate the processing of student grades and provide customer service to students, faculty, staff and parents as needed
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
his position reports to the Registrar and may help supervise student assistants.
- Maintain the academic course database in Datatel, adding new courses and entering revisions approved by the Educational Policy Committee.
- Prior to each academic term and as authorized by the Provost’s Office, develop the on-line schedule of course sections to be offered. Assist in other preparatory processes to enable student course registration.
- Develop and disseminate assigned reports to appropriate offices regarding registration and enrollment.
- Assist in the maintenance of the student database.
- Provide excellent customer service in daily interactions with students, faculty, staff and parents in person and by phone; share responsibility for coverage of the front counter.
- Work experience with complex computer applications, including demonstrated expertise in database management and report writing.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to provide exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Able to work independently and interdependently as part of a team.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Higher education experience
- Datatel Colleague software experience
- Must be able to work extensively on a computer for majority of the day.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various constituencies in person and by phone.
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St. by 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 20, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, May 13th, 2011 at 4:13PM