Residence Hall Director
The Residence Hall Director is a full–time, professional, ten–month, live–in position, primarily responsible for the students and operation of a single residence hall which houses about 200 residents. Duties include direct supervision of 10 Resident Assistants and ancillary duties as assigned.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
The Residence Hall Director reports directly to the Director of Campus Life and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life.
- Supervise Resident Assistants and one Senior Resident Assistant in all facets of their job including:
- Building community through resident involvement
- Teaching resident self–responsibility
- Creating a safe, welcoming environment
- Establishing community norms
- Provide programming supervision to ensure staff meets programming requirements
- Oversee administrative and building management responsibilities
- Participate in the professional staff duty rotation
- Manage fiscal resources for programming and development in the Residence Hall
- Conduct low–level conduct hearings
- Provide a mentoring relationship that assists with the development of student staff
- Assist with Resident Assistant staff selection and training
- Communicate and collaborate frequently with Alma College faculty, staff and students to help better meet the needs of students
- An ancillary assignment in a related Student Life area or sector on campus
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and two years of residence life or related experience required. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Send a letter of application and résumé with names and contact information for three professional references to:
Dave Blandford, Director of Campus Life
Student Life Office
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801
Applicant materials may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete application files will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Hall Director position has a start date of August 1, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Thu, April 21st, 2011 at 4:55PM