Student Accounts Specialist
Position Title: Student Accounts Specialist
The student accounts specialist is responsible for all student accounts for the College. This includes billings, communications, collections and other related functions. The representative works closely with students, parents, the financial aid office, the student life/housing office, and the registrar’s office.
This position reports to the Controller/Director of Business Services.
- Work directly with students and parents relative to past due accounts
- Prepare/send communications relative to past due balances
- Send past due accounts to collection agencies/credit bureaus as per policy
- Work with loan service and deferred payment companies
- Calculate and post late payment fees for student accounts
- Coordinate distribution of student billing statements/invoices
- Prepare and send invoices to various financial assistance agencies/sponsors
- Handle processing of student refunds for credit balances
- Update designated student scholarship summaries
- Handle registration billings/coordinate with the Registrar’s Office
- Settle on-line transactions
- Work with the Financial Aid Office for distribution of student aid
- Prepare monthly student accounts receivable summary
- Assist with balancing of student accounts receivable to the general ledger
- Update student portal information on the College website
- Train students and parents on student account financial procedures
- Enhance technology/processes used for student billings, collections and refunds
- Handle various other receivables
- Provide backup support for front office customer service
- Perform miscellaneous other Business Office duties
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field
- Minimum one year of related work experience
- Effective communication skills
- Good people skills
- Work experience in higher education
- Excellent technology skills
- Ability to sit at a desk for the majority of the work day
- Ability to use a computer for the majority of the work day
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three professional references to Mr. Dan Henris, Controller/Director of Business Services Resources, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. Friday, March 25, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, March 11th, 2011 at 11:59AM