Temporary Part-Time Prevention Coordinator
Position Title: Temporary Part-Time Prevention Coordinator
This position is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the Prevention Network Grant: Limiting Alcohol Availability and Improving Policy Development and Enforcement to Reduce Underage Alcohol Use at Alma College and in the Surrounding Community. The total salary is $3,200, and the position will end on September 30, 2011.
This position reports to the Director of Counseling, Health and Wellness and the Campus-wide Committee.
- Develop and sustain a dedicated campus-wide committee of key stakeholders to look at improving and developing policy and enforcement on campus and in the surrounding community to reduce underage alcohol use.
- Provide overall coordination and communication of regular monthly meetings of the campus-wide committee, reporting each month to the committee.
- Develop an action plan with a timeline for specific tasks.
- Develop and implement campus communication that creates awareness and understanding of substance abuse prevention issues on the college campus.
- Collaborate with professional staff to ensure smooth and timely implementation of grant strategies specifically with the statistician, Gratiot County Substance Abuse Coalition Coordinator and the Director of Counseling, Health and Wellness.
- Research and review best practices of environmental strategies specific to college campuses.
- Know campus policies and present this information for review to the campus-wide committee.
- Represent Alma College at GCSAC monthly meetings and the Prevention Network Higher Education Meetings on Substance Abuse.
- Assist the GCSAC in the coordination of TIPS training.
- Assist the GCSAC in building relationships with community vendors.
- Compile the written evaluation of grant activities and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to travel for meetings as needed
Work is primarily sedentary in nature with some walking and travel. Work with a computer terminal is necessary.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to Anne Lambrecht, Director of Counseling, Health and Wellness, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Wed, March 9th, 2011 at 4:25PM