Prospect Researcher Specialist
Position Title: Prospect Researcher Specialist
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, organizing and executing a program of comprehensive prospect research which will enhance the solicitation process of major gift prospects and result in increased support for the College. Assist staff with mailings, create labels and lists. The Advancement sector makes teamwork a priority.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised: Receives supervision from the regional director of advancement. Expected to work independently.
- Conduct in-depth research to develop background information on current and new major gift prospects, including information of businesses, wealth, associations, and their philanthropic interests and giving capacity.
- Respond quickly to specific background requests by the president and advancement staff. Generate detailed reports and lists for individual visits, events and financial requests.
- Be proactive and creative in collecting information from a variety of sources by utilizing online databases, the Internet, library reference sources and development files to gather information.
- Analyze the gathered information and compile prospect profiles.
- Work with fundraising staff to obtain information following their visits and create visit contact reports. These need to be completed in a timely manner. The contact report is to be added to the record to create a profile and history.
- Create database tickles and monitor these tickles to initiate contact follow-up.
- Maintain tracking and a management system for donor prospects.
- Organize and participate in monthly prospect review sessions to rate prospects, coordinate assignments of prospects to advancement staff and track strategy in the solicitation of donors by campaign project.
- Become a skilled Datatel software user.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work weekends and evenings as needed
- Five years of prospect researching in higher education
- Experience with Datatel software
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Sitting at a desk approximately eight hours a day
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to, Denise Snearey, Advancement Office, Alma College, 614 W. Superior St., Alma, MI 48801. Applications will be accepted until Feb. 4, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Fri, January 14th, 2011 at 11:48AM