Auxiliary Services Office Associate
Position Title: Auxiliary Services Office Associate
Position Summary: The office associate is responsible for support within the office for the operations of the mailroom, copy center and conferences.
Reports To: Office Manager Auxiliary Services
- Properly handle incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Monitor student workers to ensure they properly handle mail (incoming and outgoing), properly operate the mail machine, show up for work and complete all mail runs, properly handle and record packages
- Deliver and pick up mail, as needed, in the absence of student workers
- Assist in the hiring, scheduling, training and evaluating of student works, including the completion of paperwork
- Properly log and make phone calls on packages that are received throughout the day
- Respond to questions, concerns or problems regarding the mail and package systems
- Assist customers in their requests to find the most economical or quickest means of sending letters and packages
- Complete paperwork and verify various mail operations, including bulk accounts, postage by phone, business reply, postage due, and recharges to departments
- Operate Risograph and Xerox in absence of copy center specialist
- Complete finish work, including collating, punch and bind, lamination, etc.
- Compile a monthly report for recharges to departments
- Answer questions concerning copy center operations (e.g., prices, services, turnaround time, etc.)
- Schedule Dunning Chapel for events
- Assist in the posting of events on the campus calendar
- Under supervision, coordinate housing for the Highland Festival, including updating brochures; responding to phone, mail and e-mail inquiries; scheduling space; key inventory; money collection
- Reserve Gelston guest rooms and complete processes of notification of Physical Plant and deposit of monies
- Maintain inventory of keys for conferences
- Prepare for review and approval paperwork associated with conferences, including contracts, invoices, correspondence, etc.
- Resolve minor problems and conflicts during conferences and camps
Overall Office Support
- Answer phones, assist customers, inventory supplies and resale items, prepare work orders respond to e-mail or mail inquiries, prepare and revise forms, monitory inventory, and maintain files and a filing system
- With approval from the Manager, prepare and submit external invoices and internal recharges for all operations, purchase supplies and resale items
- Bi-weekly, reconcile and deposit cash from all three operations, maintain an inventory of stamps, and complete taxable income forms
Required Job Qualifications:
- Experience in dealing with the public or in a customer service position
- Ability to use basic computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and form design; Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Good mathematical and bookkeeping skills
- Good customer service skills and attitude
- Willingness to adapt to a changing environment and learn new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good decision-making skills
Desirable Job Qualification:
- Postal certification of knowledge of postal regulations
- Understanding and practice of package delivery systems (e.g., USPS, FedEx, DHL, UPS)
- Experience in graphic arts
- Knowledge of operation of the following machines: Risograph, Xerox copy machine, collator, folder, driller, laminator, and the Pitney Bowes mail machine
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to stand up and sit down
- Heavy lifting of up to 40 pounds
- Ability to walk around campus and in and out of buildings during all kinds of weather conditions
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Please fax a letter of application and résumé to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple Ave., Alma, Michigan, by 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 20, 2011.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, January 11th, 2011 at 3:00PM