Part-time Office Associate for Athletics
Applications are now being accepted for the Part-time Athletics Office Associate position. 40 hrs/wk for 10 months, 10hrs/wk for 2 months, Monday–Friday.
Organize, coordinate, and perform clerical and receptionist duties in the Department of Athletics.
- Working with Athletics Recruiting Coordinator, develop and maintain lists and correspondence files of perspective student-athletes in all varsity sports.
- Maintain current files of the 20 varsity sports, including schedules, rosters, MIAA eligibility, MIAA post-season reports, NCAA reports and eligibility forms.
- Coordinate MIAA and NCAA sport sponsorship reports.
- Coordinate mailings to perspective students (recruitment) and alumni (friend-raising and fund-raising).
- Communicate with MIAA Commissioner, MIAA Supervisor of Officials and MIAA publicist regarding game schedules.
- Requisition payment for and communicate with officials for 20 varsity sports.
- Prepare and send contracts for home athletic events.
- Greet visitors to the campus, both scheduled and non-scheduled.
- Answer telephone, forwarding messages for all staff.
- Prepare letter certificates for all letter winners in all varsity sports. Coordinate printing/engraving and distribution of MIAA and ANCAA certificates and plaques.
- Keep records and maintain stock of awards, blankets, paperweights, lifetime passes, etc.
- Prepare programs and booklets containing history and records for awards banquets for each sport.
- Receive and distribute mail, including packages.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Process and track Work-order requests through Physical Plant.
- Communicate with visiting teams/schools about travel, parking, locker-room and classroom availability and schedules.
- Process and track departmental budget requests, revenues and expenses.
- Coordinate contracting, scheduling and payment of student workers with appropriate staff members.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned. Specific duties and qualifications are detailed in the job description. Those interested in obtaining a copy of the job description may do so at the Human Resources Office.
- High School Diploma
- Five years of office/clerical experience
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer word processing (especially Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently and confidentially with a variety of contacts.
Please fax a letter of application and resume to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St by 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 20, 2009.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Posted: Tue, March 10th, 2009 at 4:48PM