The Digital Media Commons - SAC 117
The Digital Media Commons provides faculty and faculty-sponsored students with professional-quality tools for web and print design as well as digital audio/video editing. The lab features 20 Macintosh computer stations that can be used to create a variety of digital media projects. This includes:
- A main work area with 16 Apple computer stations for collaborating and working on digital media projects.
- A work area for laptop machines with access to plug into a large flat screen for collaborative work.
- Two comfortable lounge areas for studying or collaborating with laptops.
- Private Audio/Video editing and recording suites. These spaces can be used for recording audio and editing group video projects in private.
- A large scale printer for professional poster printing.
- Laptops available for checkout for use within SAC 117. Laptop checkout requires signing a checkout agreement and leaving your student ID at the front desk.
Digital Media Commons software includes:
- Microsoft Office 2008
- Final Cut Studio 2009
- Adobe Creative Suite 5
- iLife '09
- iWork '09
The Digital Media Commons can be contacted directly at (989) 463-7420. Check with the lab for current hours.