Walk The Dog+
A Wellness Challenge
April 29–May 24, 2013
Join fellow students and colleagues as we step toward our goal of 10,000 daily steps per participant!
Four-person teams will compete to earn the title of WALK THE DOG Champions. As for the “+,” this year we are adding activities that you can convert into steps (biking, swimming, etc.).
- Registration forms are available on the portal.** Return them to Tammy Rees.
- Get a pedometer! Alma College pedometers will be provided and may be picked up at the Stone Recreation Center or Mailroom/Copy Center after your team registers.
- Track your steps (or other activities) using the individual record. Convert activities such as swimming or biking to steps using the conversion form. Give your weekly total to your team leader. Team leaders should send weekly individual and team totals to Nichole Peak.
- Participate in Wednesday group dog walks along the Heartland Trail; meet at the junction of the train tracks and trail near Wilcox Medical Center at noon each Wednesday.
- Meet the spokesdogs—Sadie Luetkemeier and Meeka Freeland—and watch for weekly updates of stepping totals and fun fitness facts on the WALK THE DOG Facebook page.
Questions? Contact a Wellness Committee member or call the Mailroom/Printing Center at x7148
**You must be logged in to Inside Alma to access the forms.