Characteristics of a Trustee
A trustee is honest, sincere and optimistic; has a sense of humor; always brings goodwill; is a successful person and a positive role model for others.
A trustee strongly believes in
- The importance of higher education in American society
- The special role of private liberal arts colleges
- Alma College’s mission and vision
A trustee brings special, individual expertise which strengthens the board as a whole and allows the board, as a team, to carry out its responsibilities better.
- Appreciates diversity in the background and opinion of others
- Is able to contribute as a team member
- Works effectively as part of a group
- Deals constructively with conflicts of ideas and opinions
A trustee has a passion for Alma and is excited to participate.